MASTA Travel Service
MASTA Travel Clinic
With the increasing popularity of exotic long haul holiday and business
destinations, the importance of protecting yourself against illness and
disease has never been more important.
conjunction with the Medical Advisory Service for Travellers Abroad, Handsworth
Wood Medical Services provides a full and comprehensive travel clinic.
Run by specially trained doctors and nurses, the clinic provides information
which is updated daily, ensuring your trip is made as safe and as comfortable
the MASTA Travel Clinic website for more information on the Medical
Advisory Service for Travellers Abroad.
Trading under the MASTA brand we offer a full range of travel
vaccinations and immunisations including:
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Yellow fever vaccination centre
In addition to travel vaccinations we offer a full range of retail
items including a variety of:
- Protection against mosquito borne diseases
The Mosiguard - normal range of insect repellents,
which are safe and effective and are suitable for use in children as
well as adults.
DEET containing products are also available if required.
Plug in Mosquito Destroyers – more effective
than mosquito buzzers these plug in destroyers are designed to kill
mosquitoes in your room.
Permethrin Mosquito Net Treatment Kit is effective
for up to six months and makes your net almost impregnable to mosquitoes.
- Personal water purifiers
- Personal sterile medical equipment pack
This contains a selection of needles, syringes and wound closures, plus
an intravenous drip set. Many travellers feel safer knowing that in
an emergency the sterility of such items is guaranteed, and the kit
comes with the added bonus of a translation into many languages, allowing
safe and unquestioned transit through customs. Please remember to pack
the kit in your hold baggage!
- Diarrhoea treatment kits
The clinic operates an appointment system and can be telephoned between
8 am and 6.30 pm on 0121 507 8290.
- Cholera (oral, Price for full course) £55.00
- Combined Diptheria, Tetanus and Polio £32.00
- Combined Hepatitis A + B £67.00
- Combined Hepatitis A + Typhoid £82.00
- Combined Hepatitis A + B* (Paediatric) £47.00
- Hepatitis A* £49.00
- Hepatitis B* £40.00
- Japanese Encephalitis £80.00
- Junior Hepatitis B* £27.00
- Meningitis ACWY £64.00
- Meningitis ACWY - Menveo £64.00
- Rabies £48.00 Tick Encephalitis* £60.00
- Tick Encephalitis (Junior)* £60.00
- Typhoid £27.00 Typhoid (Oral, Price for full course) £27.00
- Yellow Fever £58.00